My mom and dad made the mistake of watching my brother's and sister's kids on their 10-year anniversary trips, so they couldn't decline when I asked them to watch our brood. Jeff and I snuck away "on a really long date week", as Jack says. We headed to Jamaica where I could lay by the beach and read books but where Jeff had some outlets for his energetic and adventurous side. We had an amazing time together recharging and relaxing, and I realized that I still have a major crush on my man.
We made it! Excuse the blinding white light that is my body!!! We stayed at The Jewel at Dunn's River all-inclusive resort just minutes from Ocho Rios.
Our first excursion was to Mystic Mountain. We took a 15-minute canopy ride through the jungle up to the top of the mountain.
This was part of our view.
Looking down behind us.
At the top of the mountain, we first rode the Bobsled rollercoaster. Ya, mon.
Then we played in the infinity pool and on the fun waterslide. We felt like kids again!
Overlooking Ocho Rios. (Sidenote: my husband FORCED me to wear bikinis on this trip....I'm still having nightmares.)
Okay, so he didn't get a completely clean getaway from work. Chesapeake made sure he had an international Blackberry to take with him.
I got to try fresh coconut water straight from the source.
Our second excursion was a catamaran cruise that took us snorkeling and then to Dunn's River Falls. I was a sport and snorkeled for about 20 minutes with Jeff, though it is not my thing. Here's the group that was still out on the reef after I made it back to the boat.
Jeff coming back from exploring under the water.
I like him.
Here we are at the Falls. The water is much cooler than the ocean, and the tour guides get a kick out of making the tourists freeze during their photo shoots.
Mid-way up. It's actually a decently hard hike, especially with the force of the water coming down.
Umm, Brrrrr!!!!!
If only he had time to climb it...
Looking back at what we conquered. This was definitely a highlight of our trip.
The resort had seven restaurants on-site, and it was fun getting dressed up to eat each evening. Even though it was nice getting away, Jeff and I were so excited to get home to see our little guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment