Jeff and I had a 4-day excursion to San Francisco, just the two of us.
I was truly giddy the first time I saw this. It's one of those American icons that you always see in pictures but to behold the real thing was beyond exciting for me.
Getting ready to ride on a cable car for the first time.
Me too. PS ~ It was waaaay colder there than I expected. I did not pack warm enough clothes. Eek!
We had dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf at a place called Scoma's that serves very fresh seafood.
Here was our view!
One of the days, Jeff rented this baby to take me to Napa Valley.
Here we go!
On our way to Napa, we went through this tunnel. Of course it would have a rainbow.
Winner for best food and wine maybe EVER: Fish Story restaurant in downtown Napa. It was divine. I am drooling just thinking about my cod sandwich and muscadet.
On our way to some winerys, we saw many beautiful vineyards.
We thought these looked like Dilbert's boss' hair do.
Outside a winery we visited called Artesa.
Wine tasting time!
Next stop: Muir Woods National Park. Jeff and I hiked and ran on trails through this breathtaking forest. It was perfect weather and quite serene.
For once, Jeff looks small.
That is me over there.
Redwood trees are WOW!
This was Jeff's favorite part of the trip by far! I had lots of favorites, but this was definitely one of them.
Reentering the city. It was crazy how much cooler it is in San Fran than Napa.
I was trying to capture one of the huge hills we drove on.
Another day, Jeff and I rented a tandem bike and went on a self-guided bike tour along the bay all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge. That was an experience. I was in the back of the tandem, which was a good lesson in having absolutely no control and trusting my husband. I couldn't see anything and had to pedal the exact same speed as him. We had a fun, fun time, though I never got used to that darn bike.
About to ride our bike across.
Jeff wanted a picture by that sign since they posted it "just for him".
Here we are looking back towards the city.
And of course my husband had to swim in the frigid ocean at least once. I did not join him.
But it did make for a nice view.
I was amazed at this boat. Each of those little rectangles is the back of a semi!!!
Here is Jeff with my instrument of torture. Okay, so it wasn't THAT bad.
There's Alcatraz.
Another view of the hills. Yes, this is the one my husband forced me to walk up instead of getting a taxi after we had just ridden a darn tandem bike for two hours. We had some words.
No comments:
Post a Comment