This is my Oompapa. He went to be with the Lord this past May and has been missed terribly. I can almost smell his wonderful cooking and hear his jolly voice bellowing "Carryyyyy me back to 'ol Virginieeeee" when I think of him. He could always make me laugh and made a mean strawberry daquiri. Oompapa developed cancer in his pancreas, liver and bile duct. Two weeks after his diagnosis he passed away. Cancer is a cruel disease, but we are thankful that our Grandpa didn't have to suffer long. I'll always be his Snicklefritz.
My sister and I were able to fly to Florida together to attend Oompapa's funeral. My grandma asked us to sing The Prayer at it. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but we wanted to honor both my grandma and grandpa. Here we are with my spunky widowed MeeMaw. She is 80 going on 25. We had the chance to see a lot of her over the summer and loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment