Friday, May 21, 2010

4 Monkeys and Me

Girl's Night Out! These don't happen often enough. Jeff asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, and I asked for a day with the girls. We went to Southlake to go shopping, ate at Cheesecake Factory and then saw a movie. It was wonderful and much needed!


We rearranged the big boys' bedrooms so that Easton could have Jack's "big boy" bed. Jack got new bunk beds. Here is his room sans decorations! Our new fun thing now is to read books together on the top bunk.


We finally put up the baby swing. We had to run to Lowe's to get some chain to make it hang lower, but the kids got a kick out of swinging way up high for a little bit.




Easton was very excited to try out his big boy bed for the first time. He has done fabulous with the transition, and he doesn't clunk around hitting his head all the time anymore.



The Haleys came for a visit, and Jack loved taking care of little Averi. He always wanted to hug and hold her and help her with things. I think he wishes he had a sister....me too. Lately, we have had lots of visitors and have loved it. In a 14-week period, we are hosting 13 families at our house. It has been crazy but so much fun!



It's a crazy game of MarioKart. Ali's the referee.



Abigail coloring some pictures for us.



Here was a game of Kerplunk in action. It was a hoot to watch the toddlers trying to play. Easton just wanted to steal all the marbles.



Our Isaac, the baller.




Doesn't she look like Pebbles?



It's Pajama Time!




I love our Isaac's blue, blue eyes. His outfit really makes them stand out.



Isaac is perpetually happy. He is such a joy to have around the house.




Melt me.... (his nose is orange compliments of the carrots he had for lunch).


It's Jack....need I say more?




Lovin' on my teddy bear. I have my hands full surviving being a mom of three boys. This has been a great test of my patience and sanity lately, seeing as I keep them home with me all the time. I have started venturing out on Mondays, taking all three boys to the gym with me, and we frequent the park, and will occasionally take trips to the zoo or daddy's work, but we spend a lot of time at home. That's what happens when you have a baby who likes to take his nap in his own bed, and really, just taking three kids out anywhere by yourself is rather daunting. I have very sweet friends, though, who tolerate playdates at my madhouse, and I love having those times of "girl talk"! I have had the opportunity recently to be in charge of Shine, the 2nd-5th grade worship at our church. A friend and I lead around 80 kiddos in songs with choreography each Sunday morning and have grown to love it. We are also going to lead VBS music this summer, which we are looking forward to. It is nice to have something for myself, and have a little bit more of an identity than just mom (although I know I am so blessed to be one and stay home, too)!



The boys "helping" daddy lay some sod.



Jeff built a little garden in our backyard. We are hoping to be eating some of our own vegetables later this summer. Mmmmm.....



Isaac loves swinging. He is content to stay here for as long as I will leave him.






Here's a little update on each of the boys: Our Jack is busy as ever and ORNERY as ever. He is smart as a whip and has been surprising us with his math skills lately. He must have his Grammy's blood in him. He loves playing games, especially Sesame Street Uno, and Rush Hour (aka the car game) - we play these games multiple times a day!



Easton is still our loud yet incredibly loving little man. He is talking a lot more and loves to run around after his big brother. He has taken to the potty lately and is starting to pottytrain himself. AMAZING! I am not pushing it much, but he is doing a great job with it. I figure we will wait till we are back from all our vacationing before we start trying to move into underwear.



Isaac is such a little sweetie. He started sitting up right when he turned 7 months and got his first tooth right after he turned 8 months. He is loving that we are feeding him primarily table food now and gets mad if we try to feed him baby food vegetables. Can you blame him? Ew. He is army crawling, but I don't know how close we are to "real" crawling yet. Who knows? Maybe he will surprise us soon.



Our friend, Benjamin, at the park. We meet him and his mom here just about every week. It is a highlight!







The dudes.








We took up all of the swings!







Mmmmm....duck!



I'm gonna get you, Mom!






Playing with my aperture for photography class. I got to be a horned frog and took my photography class at TCU. I actually have a clue as to what to do with my camera now and am having a blast taking pics of the kids! The next domestic talent to conquer: cake decorating.





Off to explore in the backyard!



Studmuffin!



Jeff had a guy's weekend with two of his best friends, Zak and Paul. They decided that they would meet in Fort Worth this year and went kayaking and did the Warrior Dash over in Dallas. The Warrior Dash is a run where they have tons of obstacles like swimming under logs, jumping over fire, running through a wind tunnel, etc. Totally a guyfest!



Here they are after they have all completed the run, proudly wearing their medals, cool hats and a lot of mud!



Jack eating some candy....nothing makes him happier!


We always peek on the boys before we go to bed each night, and when we went to see Isaac, this is how we found him sleeping. I had to run and get the camera!



So I mentioned that Easton started pottytraining himself. Here he is in action. Laugh with me.


I guess he wanted his privacy.



All done!


Jeff, Jack and I took Poppaw to a Rangers vs. Royals game for an early Father's Day gift. The Royals lost unfortunately for my dad, but we had a great time on a perfect evening for a game!


This is probably my favorite stadium I have ever been in. So classic and clean.





Jack's favorite part was the ice cream. Seriously.







Tummy time!



Got some great pics playing outside one morning.











Peek-a-boo!



I love his sweet, little profile! Speaking of little, we have been measuring the boys every couple of months and they are both growing over a half-inch a month. I did the height predictor online for the two older boys and they predicted Jack to be 6'2 and Easton to be 6'4. It will be weird to be looking up to them someday.






Monkey #1




Handsome little devil.



Monkey #2

What's down there?


Sorry, I couldn't choose between all these pictures. They were just too cute.


He timed out in the tree.

That's better, mom.


Silly guy. Since he is holding that over his nose, I will take this time to share that I think Easton refractured my nose where Jack did it the first time. I can hardly touch my nose now, thanks to my little gremlins, and when pressed, Jeff did admit my nose looks a little "different". I guess that's what I get for having little boys. They didn't do it maliciously, they are just physical.


Smelling a flower he picked for me.


I think his face is hilarious in this one.





Monkey #3

Back in the tree again. It's like a whole new world to be explored up there! Really that tree is the best beginner climbing tree, and Easton likes to try whatever Jack is doing.


Two explorers! Easton is showing daddy the ropes.