Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter 2010

We've started a new tradition this year of making a cross with the boys each year while we tell them the story of Jesus' death and resurrection on Good Friday. This is the cross they made this year out of some tree branches we found on our walk. We stripped them down and used the bark to wrap them together. Now it is hanging in our house as a reminder of Jesus' great sacrifice for us. We think the boys will have fun being creative making the crosses in the future....using scrap metal, trash, food items, whatever. It was great to get them involved in a hands-on way.

Next up: dyeing Easter eggs! This ended up dyeing EVERYTHING....my table, our hands, the boys' jeans, you name it...

Easton was safer holding the cross than the eggs! Sidenote here: Walgreens, our pharmacy, thinks Easton's name is Easter. It's not.


Hmmm....what can I color other than eggs?


Don't know if you have heard of the wire whisk trick, but it is so much easier for kiddos to dye eggs by putting the egg inside a whisk rather than trying to have them balance the egg on the dipper the kit comes with. I would highly recommend this!






Beautiful eggs!


You can see the whisk trick in action here!



How eggstravagant! Little do these eggs know, they will be turned into egg salad shortly!


We went to an Easter Egg Hunt and cookout at the Linigers. Here are Isaac and Taylor having a blast on the floor!




Let the hunt begin!


Benjamin with his loot!


Look up, look up!


Jack wasted no time.


Daddy helped Isaac search for eggs!


The dads took the kids out front to play frisbee. When the moms went to check on everyone, we found the kids in the street with the dads playing frisbee without the kids. Anyone surprised??


Ready to go to church Easter morning!


Here is the beginning of my attempts to take a cute Easter picture of my three boys (in pink, did you notice? Got to get it when I can!). We started trying on the greenbelt outside of church. It never really worked out as you will soon see, although we did get some good laughs out of the deal.


This one is as good as it gets. All downhill from here...


Let's try out in our front yard.





Easton, what are you doing?


Gave up on the front yard after this one. On to the backyard!




Easton really wanted to be the one to hold Isaac this time, so we thought we would give it a whirl.


Shouldn't have.


Easton: "All Done!"


They can't get up fast enough!


We did a mini-hunt for eggs in our living room after the boys got up from their nap. Here is the set-up!














While I have a Jack picture up, I'll tell you a funny story. The other day, Jack asked me, "Mommy, where does God live?" I said, "Well Jack, God lives in Heaven." Jack replied, "Mommy, let's go to Heaven sometime soon and see God."





Easton just walked around with his eggs saying, "candy (na-na), candy (na-na)" the whole time!


What a great day! We ended up just doing Easter in Texas this year to have some family time. We had been planning on going up to Edmond to see the grandparents and cousins there, but since we were in the middle of hosting 14 families in 14 weeks, we decided to bunker down at home to recoup a little bit and invest in our kiddos. We did have some friends that were family-less come eat Easter dinner with us, and that was really fun. It was weird being the hostess of the big meal....that's always been my mom's job. I bought a Honeybaked Ham, though....I know, I know - copout! But to my defense, I made rolls from scratch to go along with it!

No comments: