So sorry I have not updated the blog with pictures in so long. Jeff and I have had quite a journey since November hit, and life has been a whirlwind. In the process of this crazy time, we packed up our port that lets me upload pictures onto the blog, and we still have not found it. We are looking, though...I promise!
I thought I would fill you in on our life over the past few months.
In November '08, Jeff was offered and accepted a promotion that took us to Fort Worth, TX. He is the manager for the land department in Chesapeake's Fort Worth field office. We found out one week and by the next week had our house sold - big blessing there! Jeff began working down here in the middle of November, and I traveled back and forth between our apartment in TX and my parents house in OK until I officially moved down at the beginning of January.
During the whole packing and moving process, we had another huge bump in our road. Easton had to have major surgery on his skull. He was diagnosed with sagittal craniosynostosis, which means his sagittal suture fused together in his skull prematurely. This was causing his brain to push out his skull in an elongated, footballish shape and could eventually cause headaches, vision loss, deformation to some degree and possible brain development issues. We were very fortunate to catch it before Easton was 6 months old since they can only do the less invasive, endoscopic surgery until then. The surgery consisted of the surgeon cutting two slits in the scalp at the top and bottom of the sagittal suture and removing a 2x5 inch trough of bone, leaving a huge soft spot where skull used to be. Amazing the things modern science can accomplish.
So, on Dec. 3, Easton went in for surgery - a parent's nightmare. God was good, though. The surgeon did an amazing job, and everything went great. We spent the night in the hospital but went home the next day with Easton totally acting like himself. He will wear a helmet until late this summer, which helps reshape the skull and protects his large "soft spot". Another blessing of being in Fort Worth at this time was getting to go to one of the nation's premier children's hospitals for E's surgery.
To add to our saga, I unexpectedly became pregnant in late December, leaving me sicker than a dog in a 3rd story apartment in the middle of winter with two active little boys. This was probably the darkest spot I have ever found myself in. We had no friends, no church, no family, no house, I felt awful, the weather was always dreary, I was stuck in a tiny apartment with the boys, and the dream house we had a contract on fell through (keeping me in that apt even longer - bleh). I must say, I didn't handle the month of January as gracefully as I hoped, but we are through that spell now.
Finally, in February, we moved into our new house. It has taken awhile getting unpacked and settled here, but we are really liking having our own stuff and our own space. We have found a great church down here called McKinney Memorial Bible Church and have made some good friends. I am no longer sick - praise God, and warm weather is on its way. Yippee!
Now you know why I have been MIA from the blog, but I hope to update it with lots of pictures soon. Later....
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO glad to hear all of this good news. We have been praying for you since the Awbreys were there for a visit, and it sounds like there have been so many happy answers to prayer. Thanks for the update! (I was just talking to Linsey and told her about your good news, so she said you could expect a call soon to talk about all this good stuff.)
YAHOOOOOOOOOO to have you back! Great to hug you a few weeks ago!
Post a Comment